This is a simply superb idea.
I cannot be there (see post below), but think this is a superb idea, largely because it is 100% legal and guaranteed to be an especially gratifying smack around the chops for Zanu-Labour.
In the meantime, here are some ideas for things about which exactly one individual ought to protest on 31st Aug:
- the ghastliness of the Eurovision song contest;
- the lunacy that allows VAT carousels to operate at all;
- the abject lunacy of CRB checks;
- That entertainment licencing thing that scuppers village halls;
- The total and utter failure of prisons to engender any feeling of remorse or contrition in those detained at HM's pleasure;
- (more topically) that OfCom ought to just F*CK OFF;
- That the person who thought it would be a good idea to ban spontaneous but peaceful protest outside parliament ought to just F*CK OFF;
- That the person who thought it would be a good idea to ban spontaneous but peaceful protest outside parliament whilst simultaneously allowing those with an axe to grind and no respect for our ancient freedom to display, openly, the flag of a terrorist organisation REALLY REALLY ought to just F*CK OFF;
- In fact, that most of the Government ought to just F*CK OFF;
- That something ought to done to stem the tide of the incessant, wanton, disproportionate, premeditated yet entirely unprovoked splitting of infinitives.
There. And that's 10 reasons just off the top of my head.
Act now: you must register your protest on or before 24th August.