Sunday, November 06, 2005

Oh my life....

Your nervous and jumpy Pedant-General has plenty to be going on with.
  • There are morons with which to contend.
  • I have Lady P-G's never-ending plans for extragant shows of bonhomie to fight off.
  • I have an unenviably brimming "in-tray". (I must confess, though, that Her Majesty's Office of Pedantry in unencumbered by deluded dunderheads trying to foist "Management Information Systems" or other such modern fiddle-faddle upon it and hence remains one of the most productive and efficient agencies of the state.)
  • The arrival of the third young master Pedant-General caused Lady P-G to declare fondly:
    "two children just seemed so... manageable"
    She is correct. Unfortunately for the Gentleman Usher of the Cat'o'Nine Tails - who is tasked with keeping your dashing and elegant Pedant-General in top top order - the mewling and puking doesn't just happen in the nurse's arms.

In short, I have my plate full.

So pity your overstretched and desperately poorly remunerated Pedant-General when an old school chum introduces him to this.

Gaaah! Treasure Hunts and fancy electronic gadgetry in one all-consuming pastime.





No comments: