However, I understand that it is customary in fora of this sort to "set out one’s stall" and to this end, I publish here a manifesto. This, I might add, is not an exhaustive set of policies. But then, we might reasonably ask, is any manifesto? At least you may be confident that I will stick to this.
- Use of the Grocer's Apostrophe;
- Making any of these basic logical errors;
- Starting paragraphs in a newspaper article with the word "And". Especially if you are a politician;
- Blaming the weapon, rather than the person wielding it;
- Driving in the middle lane of a busy motorway without good cause;
- Advocating Socialism as a means for organising the relationships between communities larger than a small farm;
- Confusing correlation with causation;
This is separate category of crime, where it is important that a visible example is set.
- Advocating Socialism for communities larger than a small farm, when one is in a position of power;
- Advocating Creationism when one ought to know better;
- Inviting, on live television, an evidently distressed relative to advocate a ban on whatever it was that killed the recently deceased person in question;
- Confusing "equality of outcome" with "equality of opportunity".
Let's not beat about the bush: We have to make a stand and stop this dangerous nonsense.
- Preferring "equality of outcome" over "equality of opportunity";
- Advocating Creationism when one is in charge of educational policy or children or both;
- Moral Equivalence;
- Unwarranted use of the split infinitive.
Otherwise someone else might be elected.
And that would be very bad.