Friday, May 08, 2009

Keeping Mother

I know, it's one of those Biblical injunctions, that you should honour your father and mother. And of course one part of that is that you should care for them in their old age, just as you were cared for in your youth.

However, there does come a time when it's appropriate to actually let go:

A Florida woman has been indicted for keeping her dead mother's body in a bedroom for six years while collecting more than $200,000 in pension benefits, U.S. prosecutors said on Thursday.

Penelope Sharon Jordan of Sebastian, Florida, was charged by a federal grand jury last week with Social Security fraud and theft, the U.S. Attorney's Office in Miami said.

In this particular case she should probably have let go about 6 years and $200,000 ago.

On the other hand, if someone's got $33,000 a year to pay me, I'm pretty sure that I've got a spare bedroom that I can keep a corpse in....



No comments: