Friday, June 12, 2009

A/C horror stories

I can, much to my annoyance, remember the worst drive I've ever done. Bythe end of it I was quite literally gasping for air and coolness.

It was the concatenation of three different things that caused the problem. First, I was in an old car, one where the air conditioning was on the blink. It sorta worked but could overheat and then not do so. Second, I was in Washington DC in the middle of summer. And third, there was a huge and massive traffic snarl up that meant a 20 minute drive in nromal times took me 4 hours to finish.

Yup. 4 hours in DC summer weather, stuck in traffic and yes, that's right when the A/C decided to go on me. Never again.

So, I recommend you make sure you know where you can get a good and decent a/c compressor from, just as I have done. Good service, friendly people, great prices, just click through to see what they can do for you.

No comments: