Monday, June 15, 2009

Remodelling the house

We've been working on this house down here for some time now and we've still got the contractors in. In fact, as I write I can hear a circular saw working on something or other. Not the most pleasant of sounds.

The reason it's all taken so long is twofold. Firstly, we've been paying for it bit by bit: I didn't want to take out a huge loan, not in the current turmoil. The second is that we've not really found quite the right contractor. Too late to change now of course, but I would have done it differently if I'd known.

I'd have done a proper search for who might be able to do the work well. For example, somebody like this Kansas City Remodeling contractor. It's obvious that he knows what he's doing, he's got a good reputation and he does exactly the sort of work that we wanted doiing.

Now we're not in Kansas City but looking around that directory would have found me someone locally, using Google would have done the same thing. As so often, we find a repetition of that old rule. Mr. Google is your friend.

I just wish I'd used him before I hired our current contractor.

No comments: