Saturday, March 24, 2007

Contact Lenses

I'm still mulling over this decision as to whether to try a contact lens solution to the fact that I'm as blind as a bat without some form of correction or not. I don't mind wearing glasses you see, it just doesn't bother me at all.

I've also, as I've previously mentioned, got an astigmatism (or should that be suffer from astigmatism, is it a thing or not?) and I'm not sure that a contact lens solution would actually take care of that or not.

But there's two more things that have made me hesitant. I only wear glasses to drive and work on the computer, look at TV and so on. I don't wear them to read a book for example, never have done (so it's not age related, as yet). But I really don't want to be bothering with taking lenses in and out if I'm switching between, say, watching TV and reading a book (a common occurence in our household).

The other thing is that there's no way I'm going to try and deal with a Portuguses supplier: the local glasses shop here tried to charge me £300 for a pair of glasses, when I can buy them over the web from England for £15. There are plenty of US sites happy to sell me contacts over the net but that won't really work either.

So I'm glad that I've found this contact lens site in the UK. They seem to have the full lists of everything that could be needed, daily lenses, weekly, permanent and so on. I think I'll have a further trawl through that, see if I can make up my mind.

I guess the real answer is to buy a set or two in the right prescription and see how I get on, eh?

Disclosure Policy.

No comments: